Save on Caravan and Trailer Insurance
[dropcap type=”simple”]T[/dropcap]railers and caravans are not usually the most valuable assets you have insured, but they are still susceptible to costly repairs should you be involved in an accident. Whether you are looking for regular, static caravan insurance, or insurance for your trailer, the process to save money on your premiums are all very much the same. When searching for a policy or comparing providers and policies, consider the following tips to save money on your premiums:[button link=”https://www.myinsuranceguide.co.nz/insurance-quotes/” size=”medium” type=”divider”]Get a Quote![/button]
- Group your caravan or trailer insurance with other policies. Most insurance providers provide package discounts when using the same provider for more than one insurance policy.
- Maintain a clean driving record. Most insurance providers give premium discounts for a safe driving history or a low claim history. When searching for a trailer, campervan or caravan quote, be sure to bring this information to the attention of your insurance broker.
- Consider paying insurance premiums annually opposed to fortnightly, monthly or quarterly. This reduces the administration and invoicing costs of your insurer and the savings are generally passed on to you.
- Keep your trailer or caravan in a safe place. Consider purchasing safety devices like wheel clamps or socket locks. Ask your insurance provider what else you can do to reduce risk and lower your insurance premiums.
- Shop around. Get at least three quotes from different providers. Search for various caravan and trailer insurance providers now by using the search box at the top of this page. It’s quick, easy and free.
- Buying the cheapest insurance coverage available isn’t always the best approach. Compare each insurance policy carefully. Ensure that everything important to you is included in the policy.