Checklist For Buying Insurance
Now that you have called around for quotes, you need to gather the proper information the insurance provider will require.
The provider will likely request the following information. Review this checklist for buying insurance and have the information readily available to ensure the process is fast so that the insurance company can correctly price your policy.
- Have the details of your boat, such as the make, model and the year of manufacturer;
- Know the size of your boat. This is important as this will determine what category your boat fits into;
- The size of the engine, if applicable;
- Prior accident history of the boat;
- Where you boat is stored and whether you have any safety devices installed.